Alumni of The Affiliated Senior High School Of National Taiwan Normal University - USA / DC Chapter
Alumni of The Affiliated Senior High School Of National Taiwan Normal University - USA / DC Chapter
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 °ªº¸¤Ò²yªÀ(Golf Club)¡G®}¥@ªN(jhsu642956@aol.com)
 '07 168 Golf Club
 Some People Short-counted in USCGA Tournament
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zhu07

252 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  19:02:28  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
In the PD Dye tournament, I knew someone in my group short-counted. When I talked to another person, he said someone in his group did the same. Both persons got awards because of the low scores from short counting.

They did not count penalties during the game

I felt very uncomfortable and did not want to confront during the game.

I am glad all of us in the 168-club have integrity.

Tournament organizers need find ways to enforce the rule:

Designate first and secondary rule enforcer and score keepers.
Reiterate rules before the tournament.

I feel compelled to talk about it, otherwise this tournament will become meaningless very soon.

Edited by - Zhu07 on 09/17/2007 19:21:02

Zhu07

252 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  15:04:53  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
The third suggestion: each pair can start a match game with mutual agreed price per hole. This will get them watch out for each other's score.
Go to Top of Page

jloh168

43 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  11:08:26  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Here is the response from the CEO of the USCGA, Wei-Po Liao

==============================================================

First of all, I’d like to thank you for reporting this issue. This has been an issue for a long time and we have been stressing the rules for a while. It doesn’t take much to ruin integrity, doesn’t it?

We’ll continue our efforts on rule education and integrity. Having two signed score cards, it’s the main reason for this issue. It provides the opportunity to discuss the dispute. When one card was showing 5 and another card was showing 6, it allows us to go through the hole shot by shot with all four players together. USGA also has a rule to DQ a player when the player attests their opponent’s scorecard on which your opponent has wrong scores. To protect ourselves not to be DQed, it’s our responsibility to make sure our opponent has right scores on their scorecards. Don’t sign the scorecard and bring them to Jimmy or me. We will help your group bring the memory back.

Next time before the tournament, I’ll also share several tips with everyone in terms of how we can politely “double checking” each other’s scores. One of them is: You can pretend you did not hear him clearly and just want to double check. “xxx, did you have 6 or 7 for last hole,” even you heard him said 5 when you left last hole. If you think his score should be 6 not 5. Don’t ask him if it 5 or 6, which will provide him another chance to say 5. I hope this will help everyone to go through the score discussion comfortably.

We will definitely consider your suggestion to have designated score keepers and don’t let those suspects touch scorecards. Thank you again for your report.

Weipo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Alumni of The Affiliated Senior High School Of National Taiwan Normal University - USA / DC Chapter © FC-DC.ORG Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000